Ir al contenido principal

Post 5: My future Job


The job I think I have when I graduate from the university is that of a forensic psychologist

Forensic psychology is the combination of both law and psychology, and plays a significant
role in understanding behaviours and preventing crimes.Forensic psychologists practice 
psychology within the criminal justice system and civil courts. Their interest lies in 
understanding why certain behaviours occur, and also in helping to minimize and 
prevent such behaviours. They apply their knowledge of psychological principles and 
can use it to help narrow down a suspect list or provide a motive for a crime.

Thus, the practice of forensic psychology, and perhaps the most frequent duty of forensic 
psychologists, is the psychological assessment of individuals who are involved, in one way 
or another, with the legal system. Therefore, although it is necessary to have training in law 
and forensic psychology, the most important skills a forensic psychologist must possess are 
solid clinical skills. That is, skills like clinical assessment, interviewing, report writing, strong 
verbal communication skills (especially if an expert witness in court) and case presentation 
are all very important in setting the foundation of the practice of forensic psychology.

 I imagine working in the PDI, in various places.I would analyze criminal profiles.I would love to be able to travel to many places and have enough money to have a dignified life

Right now I'm studying psychology.Next year, in the second semester we choose a specialty. In my case I will choose judicial psychology



Comentarios

Publicar un comentario